Yanahuara – Lares to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
“Join Alternative Inca Trails and enjoy unforgetable experience in the andes.”
Highlights: When you hike into the Lares Valley, you can enjoy the colorful and typical dress of the communities. There are also spectacular high alpine lakes and wildlife.
Location: Calca and Urubamba provinces.
Duration: The traditional trek is 4 days/3 nights. If you want a shorter hike, try one of the Lares options with Machu Picchu, or for a longer trek, the 6 day/5nights full Lares trek with Machu Picchu.
Level: Moderate to challenging.
Adventure Rating: This trek can be quite popular in high season but still has very few tourists.
Departure Dates: Any day with two people. We offer affordably-priced tours for 2 people so that you can depart whenever is best for you. This trek can be done in both the dry and rainy seasons.
Acclimatization: Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.
Combos & Upgrades: Combine with one of our tours for a best experience in Cusco,and get free Comfort Camping or Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Trekker’s Dream: If you want to form your own tour group, please see Trekker’s Dream. Your group hat can be also advertised on this page. Maximum group size: 12.
Day 1: Cusco – Yanahuara – Mantanay
We take our private bus early in the morning. On the way, we stop in Urubamba, where you can have your breakfast. We then continue to Yanahuara (2850m), from where we start a gradual hike up into the farmlands, accompanied by the songs of hummingbirds and the natural music of the river. After 2 hours ascending we will observe some interesting qeuña woods (polilepis), getting lunch along the way. We hike up gradually along the river until Huacahusi Community where we set up our first camp
Day 2: Mantanay – Lares
The trail continues ascending for about 2 hours to reach a pass from where you have a nice view of the Andes. During the descent, it is possible to appreciate llama herders, farm lands, and waterfalls, as you pass by the Huacahuasi community. This community of the Lares area wears traditional colorful dress. You will continue to descend through an interesting valley along the river, until you get to the hot springs. Here you can enjoy a well-deserved bath and a good night’s rest.
Day 3: Lares – Ollantaytambo – Machupicchu Town
Relaxed and refreshed, we have breakfast and then take our transportation, continuing to enjoy spectacular views of the Sacred Valley. Upon reaching Ollantaytambo, we have the opportunity to explore this living Inca town before taking the train to Machu Picchu Town. After arriving, you will get your accommodation in a hotel.
Dal 4: Machu Picchu Sanctuary – Cusco
We make an early start today to visit the most spectacular city that the Incas left for us. This so-called the lost city overlooking the Urubamba River, Machu Picchu, was hidden by dense vegetation for centuries until the historian Hiram Bingham began to clear the site in the early 20th century. Today, the city has been restored, and although it may have lost some of its mystery, it remains an unforgettable sight. Our tour includes a visit to the temples, plazas, palaces, watercourses, and residential areas of the Inca city and if you have booked Huayna Picchu Or Machu Picchu Mountain you will hike independently We return to Cusco on the afternoon train to Ollantaytambo, and then take a bus back to Cusco.
- Private transportation to Yanahuara (day 1), train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (day 3), train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (day 4 ), and bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco (day 4).
- Horses to carry all the camping equipment, food and fuel, cooking equipment, and 8 kilos of luggage per person that needs to be in a duffle bag.
- Meals during the trek. If you are, vegetarian please let us know when you reserve the trek.
- Expert trilingual guide in English, Spanish and Quechua.
- Cook, horsemen.
- Camping equipment, comfortable tents for two people, and mattresses.
- Dining tent.
- Boiled water is provided during the trek.
- First aid kid.
- One night in a 3 start Hotel at Aguas Calientes.(acomodation is in double rooms if you would like a single room there will be an extra cost)
- 1 dinner on one of the best restaurants of Machu Picchu Town.
- Lunch on last day in one of the best restaurants of Machu Picchu Town.
- round trip bus tickets to Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu .
- Entrance fee to the Lares hot spring.
What Is Not Included?
- Breakfast first day (day 1)
- Hotels and food in Cusco.
- Medical insurance.
- Sleeping bag.
- Walking sticks.
- Chocolate bars, dried fruit, other snacks.
- Back pack ($15 if you want to rent one).
- Alcoholic drinks, laundry and any other personal expenses.
- Gratuities for the(guides, horsemen, cooks, etc).
When to book a trek: trek permits are not required for this trek. Departure dates depend on availability of the group.
Group size: minimum 3 people, maximum group size 12 people
- Insect repellent (20% deet).
- A duffle bag to transport your belongings.
- Sleeping bag.
- Hiking boots, strong footwear.
- Trekking poles: poles with metal tips are allowed on this trek.
- Layers for variable temperatures, especially at night.
- Wool socks and woolen hat for cold nights (-3 -5 c).
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for a confortable day hike.
- Flash light or torch and batteries.
- Camera and extra batteries (batteries are consumed rapidly under cold conditions).
- Sun block, sunglasses, and hat to protect you from the sun.
- Personal medical kit.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel.
- Two liter water bottle: disposable bottle are not recommended.
- Original passport.
- Extra money for drinks, tips, souvenirs etc. (soles or dollars) and emergency money.
- Bathing suits optional.
- Thermal rest inflatable mattress.
- Snacks, biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, fruit, etc.
|PRICES 2018 YANAHUARA – LARES TO MACHU PICCHU 4D/3N|
|# OF PEOPLE|
|2||3||4 – 5||6 – 7||8 + more|
|PRICES IN USD (per person)|