Cusco to Uchuy Qosqo 4D/3N
«Join Alternative Inca Trails and enjoy unforgetable experience in the andes.»
Cusco to Uchuy Qosqo 4D
>> View Full Itinerary
Highlight : The massive views, landscape, and the Inca trail visit the Monkey temple and Moon Temple. No tourists in the area sleep on the Inca terraces in Uchuyqosqo.
Location : Cusco and Lamay district in Calca province.
Duration : 4 days.
Level : Easy to Moderate
Adventure Rating : A good alternative to the typical treks.
Departure Dates : Any day with two people. We offer affordably-priced tours for 2 people so that you can depart on the date you decide. Minimum group size 2 people, Maximum group size 12 people.
Combos&Upgrades : Combine with one of our treks to explore more of Cusco and enrich your experience, and get a discount on your trek price.
Start the hike from the main square of Cusco city taking the Inca trail going to Antisuyo region. On the way we visit temple of the monkeys, temple of the moon them we will have our lunch close to Huayllarqocha lagoon. After we continue trekking to our first camp around Tambomachay.
We begin the trek with nice views of Cusco Neighborhoods and surrounding areas , passing by Yanacocha and Qoricocha lakes. After lunch, we continue the hike passing by the Pukamarca community and by a nice, narrow valley. We then camp in Huchuyqosqo on the Inka terraces with spectacular views of The Sacred valley.
In the morning, we have a guided tour of the archaeological site, and then we begin hiking down to the village of Lamay in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, from where we take our transportation to back Cusco.
Early in the morning we take the bus to go to the Machu Picchu sanctuary where you have a guided tour through the different sectors of the citadel that lasts around 2.5 hours. From there you say goodbye to our Machu Picchu tour guide. Them you will have free time hike Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (to hike Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain you must book a separate permit). After you’re finished we will go back by bus to Machu Picchu Town to take the train back to Cusco.
- Private transportation Lamay to Ollantaytambo if we have the connection with Machu Picchu (day 3), round trip train Ollanta to Aguas Calientes (day 3 to go day 4 to back), and bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco (day 4).
- Horses to carry all the camping equipment, food and fuel, cooking equipment, and 7 kilos of luggage per person that needs to be in a duffle bag.
- Meals during the trek. If you are vegetarian please let us know when you reserve the trek.
- Expert bilingual guide in English, Spanish and Quechua.
- Cook, horsemen.
- Camping equipment, confortable tents for two people and mattresses.
- Dining tent.
- Boiled water is provided during the trek.
- First aid kit.
- One night in a 3 start Hotel at Aguas Calientes, (accommodation is in double room, if you wish a single room there is an extra cost).
- Entrance fee to the Machu Picchu sanctuary.
- Bus tickets Machu Picchu Town to the Sanctuary.
What Is Not Included?
- Breakfast first day (day 1) and the lunch last day (day 4).
- Hotels and food in Cusco.
- Medical insurance.
- Sleeping bag.
- Walking sticks.
- Chocolate bars, dried fruit, other snacks.
- Back pack ($15 if you want to rent one).
- Alcoholic drinks, laundry and any other personal expenses.
- Gratuities for the(guides, horsemen, cooks, etc).
When to book a trek: trek permissions are not required for this trek. Departure dates depend on availability of the group.
Group size: minimum 03 people, typical group size 7 – 8 people, maximum 12 people.
- A duffle bag to transport your belongings.
- Sleeping bag.
- Hiking boots, strong footwear.
- Trekking poles: poles with metal tips are allowed on this trek.
- Layers for variable temperatures, especially at night.
- Wool socks and woolen hat for cold nights (-3 -5 c).
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for a confortable day hike.
- Flash light or torch and batteries.
- Camera and extra batteries (batteries are consumed rapidly under cold conditions).
- Sun block, sunglasses, and hat to protect you from the sun.
- Personal medical kit.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel.
- Two liter water bottle: disposable bottle are not recommended.
- Original passport.
- Extra money for drinks, tips, souvenirs etc. (soles or dollars) and emergency money.
- Bathing suits optional.
- Thermal rest inflatable mattress.
- Snacks, biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, fruit, etc.
|PRICES 2018 CUSCO TO UCHUYQOSQO 4D/3N|
|# OF PEOPLE|
|2||3||4 – 5||6 – 7||8 + more|
|PRICES IN USD (per person)|