Cusco to Uchuy Qosqo 1D
TAMBOMACHAY, HUCHUYQOSQO 1D
View Full Itinerary
Highlight: The massive views, landscape, and the Inca trail visit the Monkey temple and Moon Temple. No tourists in the area sleep on the Inca terraces in Uchuyqosqo
Location: Cusco and Lamay district in Calca province.
Level: challenging since we will do it just in one day
Adventure Rating: A good alternative to the typical treks.
Departure Dates: Any day with two people. We offer affordably-priced tours for 2 people so that you can depart on the date you decide. Minimum group size 2 maximum 12 people.
Combos & Upgrades: Combine with one of our treks to explore more of Cusco and enrich your experience, and get a discount on your trek price.
DAY 1 TAMBOMACHAY TO HUCHUYQOSQO
You take a taxi from Cusco to Tambomachay. It will cost 30 soles maximum. From there you start a moderate walk enjoying panoramic views of Cusco city with gradual climbing of 8 kilometers to get the first pass (4180masl.) and small down until Qellwaqocha lagoon where you can have your lunch appreciating some wild life. After this site the trail gets up over the second pass of near (4380masl.) you connect to one Inka Trail that was reconstructed by Ministery of culture this path was one of the trails that connect with Sacred Valley. Also hiking this part you see Qoricocha lagoon, (gold lagoon) you will have as well panoramic views of the Andes around the Sacred Valley descending to Pucamarca is located at (3980 masl) and there are some houses that belong to the farmers. During this day with the possibilities to see llamas, alpacas, ships, cows eating on the way. From Pucamarka, from where we will start to hike down through an amazing gorge with heart breaking views by where the Incas built spectacular trail demonstrating their skills of engineering on this little valley with special microclimates and diversity of flora and fauna, after about 2 hours of hiking down we will arrive to Ochuyqosqo and explore this spectacular ruins before to hike steep down for 2 hours to Lamay from where we will take our private transportation to Cusco.
- Private transportation Cusco to Tambomachay, and from Lamay to Cusco
- Entrance fee to Uchuyqosqo
- 1 Meal during the trek. If you are vegetarian please let us know when you reserve the trek
- Expert bilingual guide in English, Spanish and Quechua
- First aid kit
What Is Not Included?
- Breakfast first day
- Hotels and food in Cusco
- Medical insurance
- Sleeping bag
- Walking sticks.
- Chocolate bars, dried fruit, other snacks
- Back pack ($15 if you want to rent one)
- Alcoholic drinks, laundry and any other personal expenses
- Optional Tips (guides)
When to book a trek: trek permits are not required for this trek. Departure dates depend on availability of the group.
Group size: minimum 03 people, typical group size 7 – 8 people, maximum 12 people.
Hiking time will depend on the group progress and the guide can change the itinerary depending on the group progress.
Our program is subject to change because of the weather conditions or any other unexpected circumstances.
- Hiking boots, strong footwear
- Trekking poles
- Layers for variable temperatures
- Wool socks and woolen hat
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for a confortable day hike
- Flash light or torch and batteries
- Camera and extra batteries (batteries are consumed rapidly under cold conditions)
- Sun block, sunglasses, and hat to protect you from the sun
- Personal medical kit
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- Two liter water bottle: disposable bottle are not recommended
- Original passport
- Extra money for drinks, tips, souvenirs etc. (soles or dollars) and emergency money
- Snacks, biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, fruit, etc.
|CUSCO TO UCHUYQOSQO 1D|
|# OF PEOPLE|
|2||3||4 – 5||6 – 7||8 + more|
|PRICES IN USD (per person)|