Paypal & how to book
To successfully make a booking you must
1. Submit the booking forms.
2. Make your deposit payment.
Payment options include: Paypal, and Western Union wire (for Western Union, and banks deposits please contact us for details).
Thanks a lot for your interest in booking a Trek or Tour with Alternative Inca Trails. IMPORTANT: We strongly suggest that you spend 2-3 days at altitude before the trekking, in order to be acclimatizing, prepared for your trek.
- DEPOSIT To confirm your reservation, we need a DOWN PAYMENT OF 50% which can be paid using the methods detailed below. This 50% down payment is NON- REFUNDABLE and payable at the exchange rate of the day. PLEASE NOTE: Your place on the trip is not confirmed until the deposit and all details (such as passport and scans of ISIC cards) have been received. Please email confirmation of your deposit to your travel consultant, to confirmation your trip.
- Paypal Email address: alternativeincatrailsgmail.com
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT, you can log on and go to “Send Money”.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT, you can pay us by Western Union
- Western Union or bank deposite – Please ask us for details
- COMPLETED PASSENGER DETAILS FORM for each passenger.
- In case of emergency we take no responsibility if we have been supplied inadequate information.
- Before you pay your deposit please refer to the GENERAL BOOKING CONDITIONS regarding our cancellation and refund policy.
- You can send in the booking form as a word document (unsigned) or as a pdf (signed). Note: If you are unable to scan & email the signature then your payment of a deposit is an acceptance of the terms & conditions on this form.
- DISCOUNTS (applicable if you have requested a discount)
- Many trips have child and student discounts. For students your booking (with discount) for the Inca Trail cannot proceed without a scan of your ISIC card. For children, we also need proof of age (passport scan) at time of booking to buy your ticket with a discount.
- ONCE WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOOKING THE FOLLOWING APPLIES:
- Once we receive your booking form and deposit you will be sent a trek confirmation. (Note: this confirmation may take up to 10 working days).
- This trek confirmation contains information about your briefing 2 days before your trek at our office in Cusco.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS IN CUSCO
- The balance of your payment can be paid upon arrival in Cusco (as long as you arrive in Cusco a MINIMUM of 48 hours before your trip’s departure or make prior arrangements with us about an appropriate payment time.)
- We prefer this amount payable in CASH (Soles or Dollars). There are many centrally located ATMs in Cusco which dispense both currencies. Sorry, we cannot accept ripped, dirty or marked US dollars.
- We can accept payment via Visa card in our office but add an 8% commission due to Visa fees and other charges.
- If you wish to pay the balance of the trek fee by bank deposit or Paypal an 8% commission also applies due to the costs incurred by us in receiving this money. You must make the Paypal payment prior to leaving your home country, and the bank transfer should also be done 1 week prior to your departure. Please ask your bank what fees you need to pay to transfer the money because we also pay fees to receive it. Then you should pay your trek balance + 8% commission + bank fees to make the transfer.
- Please bring your passport and immigration card (Tarjeta Andina) to the briefing, as we may need to take copies of the immigration card for the tax department.
- If you have asked for an ISIC or SAE discount please bring the original card to your briefing.
GROUP TOUR OR PRIVATE TOUR?
- Our tours are structured so they can leave any day with two people. Some people prefer the solitude and personalised attention of trekking alone and opt for a private tour while others would prefer to trek in a group. These “group tours” start out as just two people but are advertised on the ‘Travellers Dream’ page on our website. As the group grows in size the price per person drops and will be organised at the final briefing in Cusco. The maximum size of our groups is twelve people per group, unless by special arrangement.
- The list on Travellers Dream does not guarantee that more people will join your trek. Sometimes people join, sometimes they do not – it depends on your luck. However, if you are trekking one of the more common routes (such as Inca Trail, Salkantay, Choquequirao or Choquequirao to Machu Picchu), you are more likely to get others to join.
The final price for your tour is based on the final number of treks that depart on the trek.
- PRIVATE TOUR – If you are just two people and you wish to have a ‘PRIVATE TOUR’ there will be a surcharge of $60 (that is, $30 each). If you have three or more in your group and wish to have a private tour you will not need to pay this surcharge. If you are just two people and you advertise on Travellers Dream and your tour does not attract any extra trekkers, you do not have to pay the surcharge.
- If you wish to climb Huayna Picchu you need to advise us at the time of booking as spaces are limited to 400 and sell out quickly. The cost is $20 extra, except in the case of Inca Trail clients who have to repurchase Machu Picchu entry for a second day ($62 including Huayna Picchu)
- Porters (Inca trail only) MUST be reserved at the time of booking as they need a permit, which are limited to 500 per day.
- Extra mules or riding horses (all other treks) need to be confirmed one week in advance to departure. All other items can be reserved as late as your pre-trek briefing.
- Llamas – $28 per day. (Lares or Ausangate only) Llamas are the “Inca beast of burden” but can only carry around 7kg, and will only walk in groups of 3-4, as well as needing their own “llamero” (llama driver). If you wish to have llamas accompany you on this trip, the fixed price pays for a small group of 3-4 and a llama driver.
- REMEMBER! Included in the price of your tour is 7kg (15lbs) of your luggage carried either by a porter or a mule. This is adequate for the normal trekker.
- When calculating costs for hire gear such as a walking stick or sleeping bag, calculate using the le
- ngth of the tour. Even though you won’t use the equipment on the final day it will still be ‘occupied.’
- When making your booking please carefully revise the list of inclusions specific to your tour on the Alternative Inca Trails website and contact us immediately if you require clarification.
- Included in the price of your tour is the Expedition train service from Machu Picchu Town to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo you will be picked up and transferred back to Cusco. If you choose not to utilise the transfer on the day of your return from Machu Picchu Town (stay a night in Ollantaytambo), then you waive your right to this service. You normally arrive in Cusco approximately 4 hours after departure.
- You can advise us of your preference for trains, but we cannot guarantee that we will get your preference, as at times trains are booked out well in advance. (The earlier you’re booking the more likely we are to get your preferred timetable.)
- Vistadome trains are more comfortable than the backpacker service, serve a snack and have a much more varied timetable. The upgrade costs an extra $30 per person.
Paypal & how to book
|NAME OF YOUR TOUR:|
|DEPARTURE DATE||END DATE|
|PASSENGER NAMES||Group tour (listed on travellers dream )|
|If listed on travellers dream, please provide a short description of your group (nationality, sex, age and interests) for distribution to other potential trekkers.|
|Huayna Picchu Entry – please advise if you wish us to purchase this entry ticket on your name||$20.00|
|OPTIONAL EXTRAS, PLEASE COMPLETE IF REQUIRED|
|Extra riding mule and muleteer to lead it||$25.00 per trip day|
|Extra mule to carry your things||$15.00 per trip day|
|Llamas to carry your things (Lares or Ausangate treks ONLY)||$30.00 per trip day|
|Sleeping Bag for –10deg.||$5.00 per trip day|
|Sleeping Bag for –15deg.||$6.00 per trip day|
|Walking stick (price per stick)||$2.00 per trip day|
|Thermarest inflatable mattress||$4.00 per trip day|
|Comfort Camping||$45 per person per day ‘e|
|Single tent (if you don’t want to share a tent)||$30 per person|
|Zipline (only treks connected with Santa Teresa District).||$30 per person|
|Private tour surcharge (if only two passengers)||$30.00 per person|
|Single room in Machu Picchu Town. (if you don’t wish to share with another participant of your group (same gender or opposite), please select this option)||$15.00 per person|
|Vistadome Train (better timetable/and more comfortable)||$30.00 per person|
|EXTRA SERVICES, PLEASE COMPLETE IF REQUIRED|
1. hotel in Cusco (price depends on which hotel)
2. hotel in Lima (price depends on which hotel)
3. Airport pickup in Cusco
|· All prices quoted in USD|
· Can change depending on extras and accommodation required.
· When calculating costs for hire of walking stick, sleeping bag, calculate using the length of the tour. Even though you won’t use the equipment on the final day it will still be ‘on the road’ and ‘occupied.’
· If you hire equipment and break it – you are responsible for price of replacement /or repair. (Please do the right thing!)
· When making your booking please carefully revise the list of inclusions specific for your tour on the Alternative Inca Trails website and contact us immediately if you require clarification.
|TOTAL price USD||$|
|50% deposit amount||$|
|Amount to be paid in Cusco|
DEPENDENT ON THE FINAL NUMBER OF TREKKERS
PASSENGER DETAILS FORM (Please provide scan of your passports. Are you student?. We do need scans of your ISIC (student) card.
|PASSPORT NUMBER||COUNTRY OF ISSUE|
|FITNESS LEVEL*||AGE AT TIME OF TREK||DATE OF BIRTH|
|YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WHILE TRAVELLING|
|Read again the trek description. Are you sure you have sufficient fitness for the trek you are doing?|
|EMERGENCY CONTACT – person you want us to contact in an emergency|
|RELATIONSHIP TO YOU|
|TRAVEL INSURANCE||Please provide details if you have them||Name of company|
|Policy number||Contact number|
|CUSCO HOTEL NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE.|
|MEDICAL DETAILS Do you have special medical condition/allergies that your guide should know about?||YES|
|Please describe, advise if you are carrying medication for this condition, and explain administration if appropriate|
|FOOD REQUIREMENTS Is there any kind of food you absolutely won’t eat/ or are allergic to? (Please specify) If vegetarian please describe what type of vegetarian – if will you eat chicken, fish, eggs, milk…?|
|SPECIAL REQUESTS Did you discuss any specific requests with reservations staff, 3 man tent, extra nights in Machu Picchu Town, particular campsites?|
|A night accommodations at Machu Picchu Towns is included in treks that finish at Machu Picchu.||Single|
|Sharing with whom?||Triple|
I acknowledge that this is an adventure tour and that there are risks involved. I have read understood and accept the General Booking Conditions of Alternative Inca Trails (listed on the attached page) including the conditions regarding refunds. My signature on this page, accepts the conditions on the following page.
Signature of passenger ______________________________________________________Date: _______________________
booking Conditiions - Only Treks
Alternative Inca Trails accept no responsibility whatsoever for cases of force majeure (unexpected or uncontrollable events) (according to law) or for passengers actions.
1. On registering for the tour, passengers accept the General Booking Conditions and Payment Method, as well as the norms, rules and guarantees of Alternative Inca Trails described in this document.
2. Alternative Inca Trails cannot absolutely guarantee participants safety. We cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for client’s belongings, equipment lost or damaged.
3. Alternative Inca Trails reserves the right to cancel or change any trip due to river, road, weather conditions, or political climate. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to client unsuitability because of age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication etc.
4. Any missed tours due to the above listed incidences (weather conditions or political climate) cannot be refunded or recuperated.
5. Alternative Inca Trails reserves the right to cancel the passenger’s place on a tour if they have not paid the total sum of the tour 24 hours before departure, UNLESS the passenger has made an alternative arrangement with Alternative Inca Trails staff.
6. Alternative Inca Trails operate all their own treks but reserves the right to work with other agencies under extenuating conditions.
7. In the case where damages are caused to third parties, all the expenses claimed from Alternative Inca Trails that originate from the above-mentioned incident will be charged to the client, who will have no right to later claims.
8. When a passenger cancels their trip, the refund will be according to the decision taken by Alternative Inca Trails, according to the General Booking Conditions.
9. If you wish to travel on or during a special Peruvian holiday or on an election day there will be a slight increase in your trip cost. This is because people are fined in Peru if they don´t vote. So if your trek occurs during election time, we will use this increased cost to pay staff a bonus so they can pay their fines.
10. Change Policy – If you wish to change the date of departure/ and or route of your trek after making the reservation/deposit, there will be a $50 per person fee to make the change, except if the change is made in the 48 hours prior to the trek, when the change will cost $100 per person. The changes are only accepted for alternative trek. In you did book classic Inca trail changes are not accepted because of regulations
11. Booking rules for trek is 50% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit on booking your treks
Full payment is required 48 hrs. Before to departure –failure to do so or organise an alternative payment system can result in CANCELLATION of your tour.
Cancellation up to 24 hours before to departure, 10% refund of the total tour price.
Cancellation in the 24 hours before to departure, no refund
If we arrive on the morning of the tour and you are ill, hangover or generally indisposed and cannot travel Alternative Inca Trails will not refund the price of your tour. Depending on the circumstances, we may try to substitute an alternative tour but these remains at the discretion of Alternative Inca Trails staff and on the situation.
12. Payment of your deposit is deemed to the CONFIRMATION that the Client has read and accepts the General Booking Conditions.
13. HEALTH AND FITNESS REQUIREMENTS
Participants must be in good health, mental and physical condition and are strongly advised to follow our pre-departure fitness training recommendations, where offered and/or necessary. Your acceptance of these booking conditions and payment of a deposit indicate you believe you are of sufficient physical & psychological condition to participate in this tour and have satisfied yourself of this through consultation with an appropriate medical professional. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart or bronchial disorders, or if you are a severe asthmatic, or have high blood pressure, you are strongly advised against participating. Tours take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious problems. Where necessary, evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Medical and evacuation expenses will be the responsibility of the Client, for this reason it is recommended that you are strongly encouraged to take out appropriate travel insurance. Alternative Inca Trails reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse a Client the right to participate in a tour on medical or fitness grounds.
14. AGE REQUIREMENTS – apply to TREKS only
We do not accept TREKKING reservations for children under the age of 8 years old and adults over 68 years old. (For Treks) All children under 18 years old must also be accompanied by an adult. We recommend that if you are over 60 years old you should talk to your doctor well in advance about how best to plan for the trek and also to ensure that your travel insurance covers such adventure activities. We also insist that clients over 60 years old arrive in Cusco at least 3 days before to starting the trek (rather than the usual 2 days). For trekkers over 63 years old we also ask you to bring a letter from your doctor confirming that you are fit to participate in the trek. Unfortunately if you fail to bring a letter from your doctor we reserve the right to cancel your trek and your trek deposit cannot be returned.
15. MEDICAL DISCLOSURE
People with heart conditions, knee problems, severe asthma or are more than 18 weeks pregnant should not participate in TREKS. People with mild asthma / diabetes / pregnant less than 18 weeks will have to bring a medical letter from their doctor stating that they are fit to undertake the trek. They will also be required to be accompanied by a trekking companion on the trek at all times who will trek at their sides and be familiar with any medicines required in case of an emergency.
Your payment of a deposit is declaration that:
– you are in good health and mental and physical fitness at the time of booking this tour;
you have disclosed to Alternative Inca Trails every matter concerning your health and mental and physical fitness of which you are aware, or ought reasonably be expected to know, that is relevant to alternative Inca Trails decision to permit you to go on the tour;
– upon any adverse change in your health or fitness that may be likely to affect Alternative Inca Trails decision to accept the risk of permitting you to go on the tour, you will IMMEDIATELY notify Alternative Inca Trails in writing of any such adverse change.
You acknowledge that the obligation to disclose under this condition continues from the time of booking the tour through to departure and extends for the duration of the tour. If you fail to comply with the duty of disclosure in this condition and if Alternative Inca Trails would not have permitted you to undertake the tour, or continue participation of the tour, had you made full disclosure under this condition, Alternative Inca Trails will not be liable for personal injury, death or property damage or loss incurred by you.
16. TRAVEL INSURANCE
We strongly recommend that you have your own travel insurance, including repatriation services before to booking one of our treks or tours. Please see cancellation policy above. If you are unable to travel and have travel insurance then these deposits should be covered. (You need to check your policy) Passengers have responsibility to ensure that their travel or medical insurance policy covers the activity in which they are participating. Please note that the non-refundable deposit should be able to be recuperated through a travel insurance claim in the case of accident or illness. Repatriation insurance will insure that you are able to fly home in the event that you need emergency medical treatment in your home country and may provide you with a medical practitioner for the flight or required medical equipment. For more information about travel insurance (and how it differs from medical insurance) please see our faqs page.
17. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
If the Client has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements the Client must bring it to the attention of the tour leader or other representative of Alternative Inca Trails at the time so that they may use their best endeavours to rectify the situation. It is only if Alternative Inca Trails is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Failure to complain on the spot will result in the Client’s ability to claim compensation from Alternative Inca Trails being extinguished or at least reduced. Should the problem remain unsolved a complaint must be made in writing to Alternative Inca Trails within 10 days of the completion of the tour or all claims for compensation will be forfeit.
18. RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In consideration of Alternative Inca Trails accepting your booking application and in consideration of you being permitted by Alternative Inca trails to join the tour:
– you release Alternative Inca Trails and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other representatives and the land management authorities in the countries in which the tour is conducted (each of whom are collectively referred to as “Alternative Inca Trails and its employees”) from all cost, liability, loss or damage incurred or suffered by you directly or indirectly during the course of the tour and resulting from your personal injury, illness or death or damage to or loss of your property unless caused by the wilful negligence or wrongful act of Alternative Inca Trails and its employees; and
– you waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Alternative Inca Trails and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Alternative Inca trails and its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour.
19. PHOTO APPEARANCE RELEASE: You hereby consent and grant permission for Alternative Inca Trails and/or those who have the written consent of the Alternative Inca trails, to use photos or videos of yourself for the purposes of promoting future Alternative Inca Trails programs. We expressly release the Alternative Inca Trails, its agents, employees, licensees, and assigns from any and all claims which we have or may have for invasion of privacy, defamation, and any other cause of action arising out of the use of these photographs and video images.
19. EXCHANGE RATE. 2012 Trek prices are based on an exchange rate of 1 USD = 3.30 Peruvian Nuevo Soles (each year changes). We revise our trek prices quarterly if there is a substantial change. Although we accept payment for the trek in US dollars the majority of our expenses are in Peruvian Soles (trek permits, wages, food, taxes). Alternative Inca Trails will absorb any change in costs up to 15 points difference from 3.30 PEN. if the exchange rate falls to 3.20 we will not ask you to pay any additional surcharge. If however the value of the US dollar (against the Nuevo Sol) falls below 3.20 we will ask you to pay a US$15 surcharge, if the value falls below 3.17 we will ask you to pay a US$20 surcharge, below 3.15 we will ask you to pay a US$25 surcharge etc. Exchange rates can go both up and down so if the value of the US dollar increases against the Peruvian Sol we will refund you the following amounts: exchange rate greater than 3.40 we will refund US$10, greater than 3.43 we will refund US$15, greater than 3.45 we will refund US$20 etc. Alternative Inca Trails will show calculations to clearly justify such surcharges.
20. HIRE OF EQUIPMENT – if you hire equipment from Alternative Inca Trails, you are responsible for this equipment for the entire length of the tour and you agree to pay repair/replacement costs if broken or lost.
I acknowledge that this is an adventure tour and that there are risks involved. I have read, understood and accept the General Booking Conditions of Alternative Inca trails, including the conditions regarding refunds.
YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE IS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THE TERMS & CONDITIONS ON THIS FORM. (If you are unable to scan & email the signature then your payment of a deposit is an acceptance of the terms & conditions on this form.